Wednesday, April 17, 2013

So this thing called Prophetic Feeling

Five years ago, I was sharing with a friend about my experience of how certain things tended to impact me deeply and it could take days for me to get my equilibrium back.  She responded and said, oh you must be a feeler like me!"  When she said it, something rose up inside to meet her words with a yes!  This statement started me on a journey to understand this thing called a prophetic feeler.  One clue, led to another to yet another God appointment and connection till I well and truly understood that I was a Prophetic Feeler, that I was not alone.  A year after the conversation with my new friend I was able to understand that my ability to feel things so deeply was an ability given and powered by the Holy Spirit for the purpose of the establishing the Kingdom.  However, looking back it has become clear that through much of my life this ability had been a significant source of suffering and heartache.

So what is prophetic feeling or a prophetic feeler?  In all reality it is a made up term prophetic folks came up with to describe what a section of prophetically gifted folks were able to do.  It describes how some people are able to experience for themselves, the feelings and struggle of others and God, through their own emotions or being.  A few years ago prophetic feeling was not that well known or discussed.  However,  something has shifted in the last year or two and more and more people are aware of this gifting and or familiar with the term.



Prophetic Feeling = Overwhelming + Draining

For me prophetic feeling as been a real source of suffering and presently still is.  My hope is that through this blog, I will remember and grow in greater revelation from the HS of what it means to be  a feeler.  I hope that other prophetic feelers can benefit from my experiences and have hope for how to manage and use their gifting instead of having it crush them.  I also hope that those who know  prophetic feelers might be better equipped to cover, challenge, collaborate with and understand the feelers whom they know and love.

5 comments:

  1. Finding out that I was a prophetic feeler helped my life make sense to me. I always thought I was just over emotional. Then I became aware that when I start a conversation or walk into a room or public place feeling good and then walk away feeling sad, heavy, angry, ect.; that it wasn't me. I was literally picking up on others feelings. So I got into the habit of cleansing myself off of all emotions and responsibility that does not belong to me. I learned this at the healing rooms. You can feel the pressure lift. It is draining to be bombarded with feelings and I have to continually check to see if these are my own feelings or if I am picking up those feelings. I totally understand being overwhelmed at times.

    Spritually this is when you run not walk to the ONLY source of refreshing and peace. Papa God. The God of all comfort who is our strength and shield. Practically you need to give yourself space from people and have a safe place to retreat and rest. :)

    Phillipians 4:7 (AMP) And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that its helping me to understand why I was feeling heavy after church meetings etc. I know know that its not me and to off load it to Christ.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have been walking intentionally as a feeler for about 5-6 years now and have sought to "clean myself off of all emotions", cut soul ties and other related items. Sometimes this helps and many times it does not. Papa God is faithful in restoring me and bringing me into times of refreshing. However, right now the times of struggle and being overwhelmed by this gift on a day to day basis, far exceed times of refreshing. Yes, I do know that Philippians 4:7 is what is promised and is the goal and again it is a not something I have discovered how to walk in on a daily basis. Which brings me back to the purpose of this blog, to learn to grow and figure out how to be a Feeler and find peace and refreshing.

    Even more poignant is the question of the power and purpose of being a Feeler, so that it is a gift and tool -not something I figure out how to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just stumbled on your blog and I am curious and can relate to your story! I am 21 years old and have always suffered from immense and inexplanable emotion and feelings. I always had this with but I really took notice of it when I developed a sudden dislike and upset emotion towards a girl I shared a good relationship with in school. I was 17 at the time and she had planned a night out. I got overwhelmingly anxious about the evening and was brought to tears with saddness and anger about her specifically so I didn't go out. She died the next day. Ever since then I have realized that my "gag" feelings are something different. Only recently have I approached the idea of prophecy, having been brought up as a pastor's kid my rebellion lead me a stray for many years. Please would you help me understand this gift and explain it to me, I carry the burden of emotion very often and carry people with me. I have always felt very spiritual and I have always known God has given me something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pixie!

      Thanks for reaching out. That is quite courageous of you. If your finding that much of this blog and descriptions capture what you have experienced and wrestled with, you very well could be a Feeler. I have had a handful of experiences of deep dread and anxiousness about situations then have mayhem breakout, as it did with your friend at school. I would be glad to help you as much as time allows. Now that you mention it, It is definitely confusing to understand feeling in the concept of prophesy if your understanding of prophesy is about declaring insights or words for the future. Prophesy is a pretty big umbrella that covers many different kinds of expressions in it. First I would encourage you to read through the rest of the blogs entries and especially the one called stewardship and survival tools! Pixie I am still learning too and figuring out how to walk in this! I haven't figured this all out buy your welcome to walk with me and we can learn together. Maybe follow this blog and catch me on facebook on a new profile I have started for these kinds of discussions https://www.facebook.com/prophetic.feeler?

      Also I would recommend friending or following Nor'west Prophetic and reading through some of this past posts and notes teaching on prophesy in general, that will likely help as well. :-) Hang in there. Its going to get better!

      Delete