Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Unlike the Other Spiritual Gifts

Last week I was talking to a dear friend of mine and hashing through through some of my frustrations with prophetic feeling and I had a profound revelation.  Well it was profound revelation for me anyway.  Maybe other Feelers already were aware of this principal.

Here it is.  With teaching, with speaking in tongues, with prophesying, with healing the sick and leading worship the more tired I am (or most people are) the more difficult it is to operate and move in that gifting.  When I physically or emotionally tired,  the more difficult it is to speak in tongues for any length of time.  When I am weary the more I struggle to gain a prophetic insight to pray for someone or to speak into a situation.

Not so with the prophetic feeling!  With prophetic feeling the very opposite is true.  When I am tired, or weary=the more I pick up on other people's emotions and troubles.  The more weary I am the easier I get bowled over by oppressive atmospheres or environments.  When I am exhausted my emotions and body become a veritable freeway for other people's stuff.  At work by Friday, I can run through a gambit of emotions from sadness, to frustration to boredom, anger and joy all inside of 60 minutes depending on the people I am interacting with.  It drives me crazy!

I'm not sure what is next, but I plan on hearing from our Heavenly Papa on why this is true, what it means and how to operate differently because of it.

2 comments:

  1. Lets see if It'll let me write a comment before I get carried away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,
      I moderate or clear the comments before publishing them. I'm just want to keep things civil for people...especially the feelers (LOL).

      Delete